- This event has passed.
April 2 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm$15
The end of ski season is just another great excuse to celebrate, dress up in silly costumes and have wacky events, like the Pond Skim, where competitors attempt to skim across a man-made pond with their skis and snowboards. Join in our Closing Weekend fun and go out with a splash!
SATURDAY, APRIL 2 | Event Schedule
- 8:00am – 10:00am: Check-in & Registration in the Adventure Center in Mountaineer Square
- 11:00am – 12:30pm: Enjoy the snow! Get your some spring turns in before the event.
- 12:30pm: Mandatory Safety Meeting at the Pond, next to Red Lady Express
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm: Pond Skim!
- 3:00pm – 5:00pm: After-party at Ski Town Breakdown with DJ Triple L at Butte 66
- 3:15pm: Awards will be given out as close to 3:15pm as possible. We will be awarding prizes in three categories –
- BEST SPLASH | 1st Place
- BEST STYLE | 1st Place
- BEST COSTUME | Best 60th Anniversary Theme & Best Overall
- A lift ticket or pass, completed liability waiver, and attendance at the pre-event safety meeting are all required to participate
- Minors (17 years old & under) must have a valid signature from a parent/guardian on their liability waiver and the parent/guardian must be present at event check-in
- Only 1 run per participant and only 1 participant per run is permitted
- Helmets are required for all participants
- Costumes that cover your face or head must be removed prior to participating
- No ski poles
- No diving