- This event has passed.
Trek for Life
September 10 - September 11
Trek for Life
Fundraiser in Crested Butte, Colorado to provide mental health services for those who cannot afford them.
Trek for Life begins just outside of Snowmass, Colorado at the Maroon-Snowmass Trailhead on Friday, September 11, 2020. The hike begins at Maroon Lake (8,755’) and goes up the West Maroon Trail thru the Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness, past Crater Lake, and to the top of West Maroon Pass (12,645′). Once at the pass Trekkers proceed down the other side to the Schofield Park Trailhead (10,448′) just outside of Crested Butte, Colorado.
This 10-mile hike is considered one of the most desirable hikes in the U.S. and is timed to coincide with the dry weather and beauty of the turning Aspen trees. At the Schofield Trailhead, trekkers will catch a ride for the remaining 11.5 miles to Mt. Crested Butte or to the town.
Trek for Life began in 2019 as a memorial hike to remember Kyle Uhl who made the same hike on the same weekend in 2018.
Trek For Life Timeline
THURSDAY, September 10, 2020
- Getting to Snowmass We may have a shuttle available (mid-day) to take people from Crested Butte to Snowmass
- Lodging Last year Westin gave us discounted hotel rates which individuals booked on their own—Details to come.
- Dinner and Socializing On your own
- Orientation Presentation on what to expect on the trail and hike preparation
FRIDAY, September 11, 2020
- 5:30 – 6:00am Breakfast at (The Westin–TBD)
- 6:00am Shuttle people from Snowmass to the Maroon-Snowmass Trailhead (via Dollys Shuttle—TBD)
- 6:30am Hikers on the trail. Shuttle departs and takes trekkers gear and non-hikers back to Mt. Crested Butte (TBD)
- 2:00 – 5:00 pm Trekkers arrive at the Schofield Park Trailhead. Shuttle back to Mt Crested Butte or Town (via Dollys Shuttle—TBD)
- Lodging Plans are in the works to provide discounted rooms at Elevation Hotel & Spa at the base of Mt. Crested Butte (TBD).
- Dinner Dinner and relaxation on your own.
Can’t do the hike? Do a virtual Hike instead . . .
Given the challenging circumstances surrounding COVID-19, Trekkers may want to do the hike on their own. How . . .
1) Register as a Trekker here on our website.
2) Donate in your name to get things rolling.
3) Invite your family, friends, and co-workers to make a 501(c)3 donation in your name.
4) Hike the West Maroon Trail or hike where you live any day you want.
5) Post your photos and/or video(s) to our Facebook page!
6) Tell Us your story!
7) Vote for your favorite entries. Everyone is invited and the most 👍 ❤️ wins!
And don’t forget to join us on our new inaugural 2020 event . . .