- This event has passed.
Taylor Park Wetland Restoration Project
August 27 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
One event on August 27, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on September 9, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on September 10, 2022 at 9:00 am
Volunteer to help keep our community beautiful! Volunteers will use low-tech restoration methods to improve watershed health. Restoring certain riparian systems ignorer to help the Gunnison Valley’s ecosystem.
Here are a few things you should know:
- We will provide lunch and water for refills
- Bring a water bottle & weather-appropriate clothes/gear (hat, sunscreen, bug spray, etc.)
- We provide work gloves and tools
- Wear close-toed shoes (we will be working in wet areas), comfortable outdoor layers, and clothes you aren’t afraid to get dirty
- Please note that there are no bathroom facilities on site
- We recommend bringing a small pack to carry anything you may need (water, snacks, bug spray, extra clothes)
Go past Taylor Reservoir on FS 742, go left or west on 748 (turn for Spring Creek), follow 748 for 2 miles and then park on the side of the road above Trail Creek. The coordinates are: 38°54’53.8″N 106°36’56.7″W