- This event has passed.
CANCELED Painting the Mountain Landscape
March 26 @ 9:00 am - March 28 @ 12:00 pm
Due to an outbreak of the Covid-19 in Crested Butte, all events in March are CANCELED
Incorporating ideas about composition, values and color theory as they relate to a mountain landscape, apply these watercolor painting techniques to your own body of work. The three-day workshop expands understanding of painting mountainscapes by focusing on high-level painting techniques, pushing you to the next level. Intermediate and advanced skill levels. Ages 18+. Location: The Art Studio at 111 Elk Avenue.
When: Thursday, March 26 – Saturday, March 28
9 am – 12 pm
In order to tailor this experience to your own art making practice, you are required to bring your own supplies:
- Watercolors, gouache or acrylic paint (whatever brand you are accustomed to)
- Assorted brushes
- Container to hold water
- Spray bottle
- Reference photos of mountain scenes
- Your favorite drawing pencils
- A board to tape paper on (optional)
- You must also bring your own surface to paint on – watercolor paper, aquaboard, canvas or gesso board – whatever you are comfortable with. Bring a three to four half sheet size (15” x 22”) or smaller pieces.
If you have any questions about the supply list, please feel free to email the instructor at email@example.com.